As one of the largest visitor insurance broker in the United States, we have experienced that often the need to purchase visitor insurance is understood but visitors are unable to answer ‘which visitor insurance to buy’. Often it is assumed that the visitor insurance their friend purchased will be good for them too. But, it is not the right thing to do. The first step in buying the right visitor insurance for you is to compare various visitor insurance plans available.
Visitor Insurance is meant to safeguard medical and financial stability of a visitor. It is imperative as well as recommended by MCIS to compare various insurance plans available before making any purchase. We here give top 5 reasons to compare your options of visitor insurance plans:
1. Change of plans- Insurance company changes plan coverage and characteristics every year and sometimes multiple times during a year. It should not be assumed that the plan you brought last year would offer the same benefits this year. It may or it may not. Therefore, it is advisable to talk to your insurance agent for purchase of the right plan for you.
2. Price & benefits- Different plans ask for different premiums and accordingly offer different benefits. Compare different plans on the basis of its cost and comparable coverage it offers. We, as an experienced insurance agent would advise that a cheaper plan may not necessarily provide robust coverage. A low cost plan is not always the right plan for you.
3. Ease of access- Before making the choice, keep in mind which plan and it’s insurance company is accessible easily in times of need. This is very important factor to be considered while buying visitor insurance. Visitor insurance is different than regular medical insurance, and hence as a visitor you may have questions at varied times. A company that is easily approachable is a big help.
4. Claim handling- How the visitor insurance plan company manages and handles the claims is a quite important reason for comparing various plans. There are two points to be taken care of-
5. Provider Network- Generally comprehensive coverage plans have provider network of hospitals, labs, urgent care, doctors, medical caregivers, medical facilities and other related care-related entities. A plan that is backed up by strong provider network is a good choice. It eases the choice of doctors/hospitals etc. at the time of need. Suppose you choose a plan that has weak provider network, it is quite possible that when you need medical assistance it would be time consuming to find the one that accepts your visitor insurance.
On the basis of above top 5 reasons, make a comparison sheet of various insurance plans. If it is time consuming or complex for you, contact Multichoice Insurance Services to help you out. We will compare and quote various plans for you, based on your preferences and needs. Our insurance agents would be able to explain different plans to you, and help you choose.
After giving you suggestions on different plans that would suit your requirements, we know, a lot of personal factors that would affect the choice of your visitor insurance plan. Three such most important factors are:
1. Type of Trip- Whether this trip would be a relaxing one where the visitor spends most of his time indoors or the trip involves extreme activities like skiing etc.
2. Age of Visitor- Different plans offer different coverage at different premium based on the age of the visitor.
3. Pre-Existing Conditions- If the visitor has in past experienced medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, heart-ailments etc., they would need a visitor insurance plan that offers coverage for the acute onset of pre-existing conditions.
MCIS believes in providing as much helpful information as possible to their clients. Contact us today, we are your friendly insurance agents. We help you ‘Quote-Compare-Buy’.
Category: Visitor Insurance
November 18, 2015 at 09:44 PM